If bed compaction and drip tape preservation is your first challenge when preparing for next year’s crop, then Wilcox In-Furrow Chisel is your first solution.
But whether your first post-harvest pass is with with the In-Furrow Chisel or not, the Wilcox Performer is your key to the fastest, most cost-effective bed preparation AND spring lay-by and side dressing operations tillage tool available for Western growers.
- The Wilcox heavy-duty Performer is capable for both Conservation and Minimum tillage functions.
- It does the work of as many as five separate machines, and does it better!
- It Rips, Lists, Shapes, Mulches, Finishes, Cultivates, Injects Fertilizer and Incorporates Herbicide - ALL with one machine.
- It is ground driven - NOT PTO driven, and affords you low maintenance service for multiple bed widths (up to 90 inches) that are as smooth, flat and well mulched as with slow, expensive PTO driven mulches.
- It also breaks clods, seals bed moisture, and in most cases, enhances it.
- It has proven itself as a winner in wet conditions by avoiding a build up slabs slabs that later transform themselves into rock hard clods.
- Chisel shank locations and depths are adjustable, enabling you to protect your drip tape if you have it.
- The Performer lists and shapes in one pass, using an adjustable rear bed shaper that can be set from flat to as high as 12 inches.
- The Performer produces no lateral thrust, so it drafts much straighter than than disk type units. Bearings will also last longer because of this reduced thrust load.
Maximize your return on equipment investment AND get your 2011 crop off to the best possible start for a high yield season. By the time you add up your operating costs, you’ll probably be pleasantly surprised to find a pretty darn nice cost savings as well!
Match up your Wilcox In-Furrow Chisel with the Wilcox Performer, and you have the most complete and cost effective processing tomatoes bed tillage system available for:
- Fall bed rejuvenation and shaping;
- Fall fertilizer incorporation;
- Fall and Spring pre-fertilizer and herbicide incorporation;
- Spring side dressing and lay-by operations.
- 60 inch and 80 inch bed width options.
Successful growers throughout the state know this is proven this is a one-two, advanced tomato tillage solution that is in a class of it’s own! Find out for yourself!
If you do not already own a Wilcox In-Furrow Chisel or Performer, put the Wilcox ADVANTAGE to work for you today! Contact your Wilcox Agri-Products dealer for more information.